Alfa Auto Insurance Review (2022)
Alfa auto insurance rates start as low as $50 a month. You can buy Alfa auto insurance policies in 11 states, mostly in the southern portion of the U.S. Alfa Insurance bundles are available to include your home insurance as well as other insurance policies at discounted rates. Alfa car insurance can be specialized for certain occupations, such as teachers.
Compare Quotes Now
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 17, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our auto insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different auto insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Alfa Insurance company offers basic auto insurance coverages but you also have the option to add additional policies to your bundle
- Getting an Alfa auto insurance will cost you an average of $600 to $2,215 annually, which is lower than the national average of $2,388 per year
- Alfa Insurance company offers 24/7 customer support which means you can report an accident as soon as it happens
The right auto insurance policy for you is one that provides you with something you can’t drive without: peace of mind. And peace of mind comes from knowing you’re getting the best coverage at the best price. If you’re wondering whether Alfa Auto insurance is that provider, keep reading.
When you know what you need from your car insurance, it’s easier to narrow down your options and compare deals and rates. It’s possible to find a provider that has the auto insurance coverages you need at an affordable price.
In this guide, we’ll break down the advantages and disadvantages of Alfa Auto Insurance, including their coverage options, costs, and available discounts.
Before you read more about Alfa car insurance, take a moment to see what you could save on car insurance right now. Enter your ZIP code to compare free quotes from top companies right now.
Where is Alfa auto insurance available?
Alfa Insurance is a regional company that’s primarily located in Southern states, such as Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. If you live there, then you’ll receive the full benefits of what this company has to offer.
But, they also have products in other states such as:
As a regional company, they can adjust their services to best suit their clients and offer car insurance coverage options that will support the needs of the region. However, their limited service areas can be a drawback for those living elsewhere.
Regional vs National Insurance Companies
When it comes to choosing between regional vs national companies, they both have their benefits and drawbacks. It’s all about what you’re looking for.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from both:
- Availability – While larger companies can offer 24/7 customer service through their agents, email, website, and other digital means, smaller insurance companies may not have the resources or agents to do so. Fortunately, Alfa Insurance does offer 24/7 customer service for all your auto insurance needs.
- Attention – Smaller insurance companies like Alfa can offer you more individualized attention. Their agents are more local and can help you in person with your specific issues.
- Options – Larger insurance companies can offer you a lot more coverage options than smaller ones. But smaller, regional companies can offer you specialty coverage and discounts that are more connected to where you live.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Alfa Auto Coverage Options
Alfa Insurance company offers basic auto insurance coverages, such as liability, medical payments, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
You also have the option to add additional policies, such as:
- Loss of Income – If an injury from a motor vehicle accident is preventing you from working, this policy can cover 85% of your income per month. It’s available for you, your partner, a family member, or anyone else that was in the car during the time of the accident.
- Rental Car Reimbursement – If your car needs repairs or you’re unable to use it, this policy offers to reimburse you for a rental car so you can get back on the road faster.
- Roadside Assistance – This coverage offers towing, tire changes, battery jumps, and more at any hour of the day.
- Accident Waiver – After your first, at-fault car accident, this waiver will prevent your premium from rising. However, it’s only for Alabama and Mississippi residents.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment & Loss of Sight (AD&D) – With this option, you’re covered in the event of a car accident that results in the loss of a body part, function, or life.
What does Alfa auto insurance not cover?
Generally, your auto insurance provider will cover the costs of repairs due to an accident or disaster. However, in certain cases, they may refuse to cover you. To avoid getting stuck in that situation and paying for fees out of pocket, it’s important to know when your coverage doesn’t apply.
Regardless of your policy, your Alfa auto insurance will not cover:
- Intentional damage
- Any damage that exceeds policy limits
- Customized car parts and equipment
- Damage from everyday wear and tear
- Any personal property that’s stolen from your car
- A car that’s connected to a rideshare or delivery service
- The loan/lease if your car is totaled
Fortunately, there are additional coverage options, such as gap insurance, that can help in certain situations. If gap insurance is a priority, then it’s important to continue to shop around for providers who offer that type of coverage option.
The Cost of Alfa Auto Insurance
When searching for the right car insurance provider, quality coverage is the top priority. But you shouldn’t have to sacrifice affordability. So, how much does auto insurance through Alfa Insurance cost?
The average cost for an auto policy through Alfa can be anything from $600 to $2,215 a year. This is lower than the national average cost for auto insurance, which is roughly $2,388 annually.
The exact price you’ll pay for insurance through Alfa will depend on a few different factors, such as:
- The amount of coverage you buy
- The state you live in
- Your driving record
- Credit history
- Vehicle type
Alfa Insurance Discounts
Depending on how much coverage you receive and various personal factors, the cost of your auto insurance may be on the higher end. However, with Alfa car insurance, you have several opportunities to cut costs without sacrificing coverage.
Discounts that you may qualify for include:
- Multi-car discount
- Homeowner discount
- Driver training discount
- Young driver discount
- Youth defensive driving/safety discount
- Safety features discounts
- Youth honor student discount
- Defensive driver discount
- Life insurance multi-policy discount
- Occupational discount (for military, first responders, ministers, farmers, auto manufacturer employees, teachers, and state or federal employees)
Other Ways to Save on Auto Insurance
Aside from discounts, you may be interested to learn more ways to save on auto insurance. Take a look below at a few helpful tips:
- Maintain a clean driving record – Having a solid driving record tells a provider that you’re unlikely to get into an accident. Over time, this may also help to lower your premium.
- Check your credit score – Your credit score influences your premium rates as well. When you maintain a good credit score, you may qualify for discounts or have your premium lowered.
- Set a higher deductible – What is an auto insurance deductible? Your deductible is simply the amount of money you have to pay before your provider covers the rest. If you set your deductible higher, your monthly premium will be lower as a result. But, in case of an accident, you may have to pay more upfront.
- Eliminate optional coverage – If you have multiple cars covered, it may be beneficial to reduce the optional coverage on your older cars, as they likely aren’t worth as much.
Filing an Auto Insurance Claim With Alfa
Another advantage of Alfa Insurance is that they simplify the claims process. Their 24/7 customer support means you can report an accident as soon as it happens. In fact, their online resources and 24/7 availability make it easy to file claims, pay bills, determine your quotes, and handle your auto insurance matters no matter where you are.
Unfamiliar with the claims process? Here’s a quick breakdown of what you would do if you were to file a claim with Alfa Insurance:
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as possible
- Determine what your policy will cover and if that includes a rental car
- Provide the necessary documents or “proof of claim” along with the details of the accident: the date, the location, the damage, and more.
Then, Alfa would send an auto repair estimate and any options for rentals if needed. Once this process is complete, Alfa would get back to you with the next steps.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What other policies does Alfa Insurance offer?
If you’re interested in Alfa’s multi-policy discount or simply looking for other specialized coverage, you may be interested in learning the other insurance options Alfa provides.
Because they’re a smaller, regional insurance company, Alfa can offer specific insurance policies that will benefit their customers the most. Besides auto insurance, they also offer:
- Home insurance
- Life insurance
- Farm insurance
- Church insurance
- Watercraft insurance
- Health insurance
- Business insurance
- Personal umbrella insurance
If any of these options appeal to you, it may be beneficial to insure your car with them as well. So, ask about the insurance bundles they are offering.
Alfa Insurance: The Right Fit
So, how do you know if Alfa Insurance is the right fit for you? It all depends on what you’re looking for in an auto insurance product.
Alfa Insurance is ideal if you’re looking for:
- Specialized coverage for those in certain careers, such as teaching, farming, and more
- Online resources and opportunities to file claims, pay bills, determine your insurance quote, and handle your auto insurance remotely
However, none of this may matter much if you live outside of Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. Since Alfa Insurance is located primarily in those states, you’ll benefit most from Alfa if you reside in those locations.
Accidents happen, so it’s important that your auto insurance coverage meets all your needs at an affordable rate. Otherwise, you would be sacrificing your peace of mind.
Hopefully, you’ve learned what you need to know about Alfa Insurance. Before you go, take a moment to compare free auto insurance quotes right now. Enter your ZIP code below for free quotes from top companies.